You can now book an appointment directly with the STAR service if you would prefer to be seen in routine appointments on evenings or weekends. Please click the following link to book an appointment at one of the STAR hubs: http://www.starappointment.co.uk/booking/
The South Tees Access and Response (STAR) scheme has been set up by GPs to improve access to GP services outside the current core hours of care for patients living across Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland. The scheme extends GP opening hours providing access from 6.30pm to 9.30pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 9.30pm on weekends and bank holidays. Appointments are made via your GP surgery or NHS 111.
GP and Nurse appointments are available through the STAR Sevice on weekends and evenings for all patients in Middlesbrough at the following centres :
- Park Surgery- Linthorpe Road, Middlesbrough
- Hirsel Medical Centre - Trinity Mews, North Ormesby
- Bentley Medical Centre - West Dyke Road, Redcar
- Brotton Surgery - Alford Road, Brotton
What services does STAR offer?
- STAR runs four extended hour GP centres which are open from 6pm to 9.30pm Mondays to Fridays, and 8am to 9.30pm on weekends and Bank Holidays
- Right care, first time through a single point of access.
- Medical support to community nursing teams, ambulance services and care homes.
- Visit the STAR website for more details…
You can make an appointment via your own GP practice or by calling NHS 111